Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Yr 5&6 Camp

This morning I got up so early because I was really excited that the Year 5 & 6 camp was starting today.  So I woke up, washed my face and quickly got changed and then mum and I said a prayer before I came to school. When I got to school none of my friends were there but then suddenly I saw Kevine.  So I started playing with her and we went in to the hall to get our togs and our things to get ready for the first activity.


Our first activity was kayaking down at the the Point England beach. It was so much fun!  First we had to sit on the grass and listen to the instructions about kayaking.Then he told us how to get in the boat and how to use the paddles.

It was fun because I went twice but the only thing I didn’t like was that my partner didn’t help me when I paddled and then I started to get sore hands and fingers.  

Mr Molloy kept on coming close to my boat and made some waves to try and bump me and my partner, Desire off.  She was scared because we were in deep water and we were afraid that we might fall out of the kayak.

When we went further out, we went past the buoy because we were trying to turn right and it was really hard to paddle in
the water.Then an adult helper, Millie, told us to keep turning until we got to the right side.  So we went back and my partner starts telling Mr Molloy to come and make waves so he can make us tip over.

But it was the last part that was the best because we got to swim and have some more fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faafetai,
    You used interesting words and you thought carefully about the words you were going to use! I loved how you described why you had fun and why you didn't! Remember to read before you post because, I saw a couple of mistakes, but other than that Fabulous Post!

    ReplyDelete